Ahlus Sunnah School is looking for 125 Believers/Heroes to help sponsor a student for the 2016-2017 school year.
The annual tuition for each student is $5,000. Payable in monthly installments of $500. We’re asking for each sponsor to give $100 a month or $1,000 for the school year, whichever is easiest.
For every 5 Heroes, the tuition of 1 student is taken care of. The old saying goes “It takes a village to raise a child” we say “it takes a group of believers to be Heroes and help us to educate our children in an Islamic environment”.
This is your opportunity for sadaqa jariyah, we hope with a smaller amount spread amongst the believers that allah will make it easy ameen!!!
Speak with Elijah Allen
Phone (973) 672-4124
Fax (973) 672-3919
Get Involved (Volunteer)
Ahlus Sunnah School has provided some families who had no ability to pay and would not have been able to attend the school otherwise with full scholarships to attend the school. The parents of these recipients would provide volunteer time to assist the school.
Assalamualikum Wa Rahmatullah.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala mention in Holy Quran:
“And spend [in the way of Allah] from what We have provided you before death approaches one of you and he says, ‘My Lord, if only You would delay me for a brief term so I would give charity and be among the righteous.'”
– The Holy Quran, 63:10
In an ideal situation, Ahlus Sunnah School would have all full paying students. For example, if the school had all full paying students for the current school year, the However, due to the economic demographics of the school population, this is not possible.
Most our students come from the North Jersey area. The majority of our students come from middle to lower middle class incomes. There lies a dilemma that the Administration of Ahlus Sunnah School has been trying to solve since its inception. How does the school achieve its goals of providing its students with the best educating its students while paying its staff? The issue at hand is that less than a third of the families that attend Ahlus Sunnah School can afford to pay the full tuition.
How Does Ahlus Sunnah School make ends meet?
Ahlus Sunnah School has managed to keep operations running by the mercy of Allah and the ability to implement programs that help bring both income and additional support staff into the school. This year, we intend on attacking and overcoming this deficit in the following ways.
- Tuition Assistance Program: The purpose of this program was for parents to work two to four hours per day in positions such as Security, Lunch Aides, Instructional Aides, and Maintenance. This would result in reducing the tuition the parents would need to pay.
- Scholarship Program: Ahlus Sunnah School has provided some families who had no ability to pay and would not have been able to attend the school otherwise with full scholarships to attend the school. The parents of these recipients would provide volunteer time to assist the school.
- Sponsorship Program: Beginning in the 2003-04 year, Ahlus Sunnah School began the Sponsorship Program. In this program, an individual sponsored students by paying that student’s partial or full tuition.
- Staff Tuition Reduction: Madrasatu Ahlis Sunnah offers an 70% Tuition reduction for any staff member that has a child(ren) attending the school. The standard tuition here at Madrasatu Ahlis Sunnah is $500.00 per month, per child. Our staff is paying $150.00 per month, per child.
- Fundraisers: The school has had several fundraisers, which has included candy sales, dinners, key chain fundraisers, Ad Journals and solicitations by mail.
- Sliding Scale Tuition: Madrasatu Ahlis Sunnah has a sliding scale tuition. This means that the more children in the family, the less the tuition is for each subsequent child. The first child of a family that attends Madrasatu Ahlis Sunnah is $500.00 per month. The 2nd child of the family is $300.00 per month. Any child after that is $200.00 per month.
Madrasatu Ahlis Sunnah is looking to upgrade the school in future years with the intention to enhance and improve both the quality of the Islamic and Secular Education for our students. We are also looking to renovate and make needed repairs to the physical structure of our school. The following listed items are some of the things we are looking to do in order to upgrade our school, Insha Allah, with the estimated costs associated to complete each task.